We are committed to being green
Our Family Ethic
Our family strongly believes in community service and environmental stewardship of the land. We helped organize the White River Partnership, an environmental stewardship organization in the White River watershed, and we helped create a land conservation project in Rochester. Liberty Hill Farm is a member of Cabot/Agrimark. Beth is a voting delegate at the Agrimark meetings and has been appointed to serve on the legislative advocacy committee for the cooperative. She also represents Cabot/Agrimark on the Vermont Dairy Promotion Council.
In 2008, Liberty Hill Farm became designated as Vermont’s 1st Green Agritourism Enterprise. Liberty Hill Farm Inn is a Green Hotel and the farm is a Vermont Environmental Business Partner. Beth received her award from Governor Douglas at a ceremony in Montpelier at the State Capitol.
Beth loves to say that the new mantra of “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle” is simply a rewording of the ethic she learned from her grandparents to: “Use it up, Make it do, Wear it out, or Do without”!! Our environmental stewardship has been ingrained in our family for generations.
- Vermont’s first Green Agritourism enterprise and A Vermont Green Hotel Program member as well as a Vermont Environmental Business Partner.
- A Cabot Farm-family Cooperative member
- A member of the Vermont Fresh Network. We specialize in serving fresh local fresh foods at every meal!
- A Grafton Cooperative Cheese Company farm
- A member of the Vermont Farm Association