Alberta’s Apple Pie
Write a review
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 4 cups apples, peeled and sliced thin — I use Cortlands or a mix of apple varieties.
- Place apple slices in pie shell; do not over fill
- 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over apples
- 1/2 cup Cabot butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Pinch of salt
- Beat together ingredients for batter crust and pour over top of apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream and Cabot cheddar cheese.
- Vermont lore states that “Apple pie without Cheddar Cheese is like a Hug without a Squeeze!”
Liberty Hill Farm http://www.libertyhillfarm.com/wp/