Gerry’s Strawberry Pie
Write a review
- 1 single-layer pie crust
- ½ chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, mashed
- Bake pie crust for 12 minutes at 400 degrees.
- When you take it out of the oven, immediately spread 1/2 cup of chocolate chips on the hot crust and then let it cool.
- Once cooled, fill with fresh sliced strawberries.
- Prepare a glaze of cooked berries.
- Mix together water, sugar, and cornstarch.
- Boil until clear.
- Add mashed strawberries and cook again until clear red.
- Remove from heat and let cool until lukewarm.
- Pour glaze over top of sliced berries.
- Set until cooled.
- Serve topped with fresh whipped cream! Yum!!
Liberty Hill Farm http://www.libertyhillfarm.com/wp/