Maple is the signature of Vermont and our family loves the traditions of sugaring, sugar on snow, and cooking everything from meats to vegetables, to fruits, and baked goods with maple. These muffins are just an easy way to enjoy maple sugar and syrup. Serve them with maple cream or maple butter for a real indulgence!
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar or maple sugar, preferable
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup Cabot butter, softened
- 2/3 cup Vermont maple syrup, preferably medium or dark amber
- 1 cup pecans, butternuts, or walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup white chocolate chips (if desired)
In a medium bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt.
Add egg, milk, butter, maple syrup, and then add chopped nuts.
Mix just until blended.
Put in muffin tin, lightly sprinkle maple sugar on top.
Bake for 20 minutes at 350.
Serve warm with maple butter or maple cream!! Yum!!